You’ve chosen and ordered your natural stone Product and now you’re ready for the best part…the delivery! Please ensure that you carefully read the Conditions of Delivery, together with our Terms and Conditions. At Four Edges (UK) Limited we want you to be as excited about our Products as we are, and this includes ensuring that the delivery goes smoothly and according to plan.
Conditions of Delivery
- All deliveries are subject to availability.
- We use an external transport service provider to make your deliveries. The delivery is provided as an extra service and deliveries are made at an additional charge.
- A signature will be required on receipt of delivery. Please ensure that there is someone at the property to accept the delivery. If no-one is present to sign for the delivery, it will be returned to the local depot at the normal delivery rate, which is payable by you.
- When placing your order, please inform us should there be any access restrictions to your property which may impede delivery. This could include narrow access / roads / lanes, low overhead cables/ branches, or sloped offload areas.
- Ensure that there is a suitable offload area; a hard, flat delivery surface free from any rubble. Pallets cannot be delivered over uneven ground or gravel.
- Most deliveries will be kerbside. If suitable, the delivery may be at the bottom of your driveway, however, drivers are NOT PERMITTED to make deliveries inside your premises, for insurance purposes.
- The driver is only permitted to leave full deliveries. Part deliveries are NOT PERMITTED .
- If you notice any problems or have any suspicions about the quality of the Products, clearly mark the haulier’s proof of delivery document “DAMAGED”. Get the driver to countersign and print his name against your note. Any claim for damages and/or breakages must be noted to us by email within 24 hours of the delivery. Please see our Returns and Refund Policy.
- Drivers are unable to take away pallets and/or packaging.
- Re-delivery charges will apply when arranging a new date for delivery.
- We are unable to deliver on Bank Holidays.
Methods of Delivery
Our Products are carefully packed into crates or pallets for delivery. We use external transport service providers to help us make fast and reliable deliveries to you using:
- A pump truck;
- A pallet trolley; and
- A driver / one person delivery
Where Do We Deliver To
We deliver to most mainland UK addresses and our Table of Postcodes will give you an indication of delivery charges to your address.
If you are unsure whether we deliver to your area or if you live beyond mainland UK, please contact our friendly customer service staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information as we may be able to make a special delivery just for you.
Once we receive your order and get notification that the order has been paid in full, a confirmation notice will be sent through and delivery can be arranged within 2-5 working days. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipping, rather than the date of order.
The delivery date will be confirmed with you before delivery is made.
We offer a Standard Delivery Service whereby delivery can be arranged within 2-5 working days or, we can arrange special or express delivery upon request, subject to the availability of the ordered Product. Please review our Delivery Options below.
We use an external transport service provider to make your deliveries. The delivery is provided as an extra service and deliveries are made at an additional cost. Please contact our friendly customer service staff for more information and an idea of delivery charges when you make your order.
Our Standard Delivery Service will apply to all deliveries of goods in stock unless our sales team have been informed of specific delivery arrangements.
If there are access restrictions to your property and/or no suitable offload area, we’re able to make a delivery to your local merchant address. You will be responsible for arranging this and then arranging the ongoing transport to your address. Please let us know at the time of booking the delivery and we will try to help you with delivery options.
Our delivery options are:
Free Delivery / Standard Delivery: 2-5 working days, Monday-Friday only, excluding bank holidays, 8am-5/6pm
- Please leave a suitable contact number for our couriers to contact you.
- Our courier will contact you to arrange a suitable delivery date.
- Your order/s will be sent out via the most suitable carrier.
- A signature will be required on delivery.
This is a PREMIUM service that is available AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
The following Special/Express methods of delivery are available, subject to Product availability:
Next Day Delivery (orders placed before 11:00am)
- Available all week, excluding Saturday/ Sundays and Bank holidays;
- If you place your order by 11:00am Monday to Thursday, you will receive your goods the next day;
- Any orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday;
- If available, a tracking link will be sent to you once your order reaches the carrier we are using for your delivery. This will enable you to track your order all the way to your delivery address;
- Additional charges will apply for Next Day Delivery.
All our carriers are members of the Road Haulage Association (‘RHA’) and operate in accordance with the RHA Conditions of Carriage 2009.
What Happens On The Day Of Delivery?
It’s the big day! Someone is at home to accept and sign for the delivery.
There is usually a single driver performing the deliveries using a pump truck and a pallet trolley. Due to the heavy load, if possible, please be on hand should the driver require assistance.
Once the driver has offloaded the goods, it is important that you carefully check your order and then sign for the delivery. If you notice any problems or have any suspicions about the quality of the Products, clearly mark the haulier’s proof of delivery document “DAMAGED”. Get the driver to countersign and print his name against your note. Any claim for damages and/or breakages must be noted to us by email at email@example.com within 24 hours of the delivery (please include your delivery date and invoice number for ease of reference). Refer to our Returns and Refund Policy.
NOTE: For health and safety reasons, the driver may refuse to make the delivery if there are access restrictions that we have not been alerted to or if there is not a suitable offload area. The driver will not make the delivery if there is no-one present to accept and sign for the delivery. In such instances, the delivery it will be returned to the local depot at the normal delivery rate, which is payable by you.
Please don’t miss your delivery or turn the vehicle away. Re-delivery charges are expensive, non-negotiable and set by the pallet delivery network.
Lost Or Damaged Products
At Four Edges (UK) Limited, we aim to deliver your Products in excellent condition. It’s important that you carefully check your order and, if you notice any problems or have any suspicions about the quality, please sign for your goods as “DAMAGED” and report this, as stated above.
If the Products are lost or damaged in transit, please contact us straight away on 0333 050 6105 and follow up immediately with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference this with your invoice number) so we can investigate further for you.
We recommend that, when ordering, you add an additional 10% for cuts, waste and the potential for small breakages. If you find that over 10% of your order has arrived damaged, please contact us as soon as possible and we’ll rectify it for you (Subject to stock levels). Be sure to take photographs and make a note of the problem so that we can get an accurate idea of what has happened.
All customised orders (made to measure) will incur a £25 (including VAT) handling charge per pallet, consists of the breaking down and handling of full crates, repacking the customised crate for your order and putting together the additional grout and sealants required. We provide this service to enable you to purchase just what you need, instead of the cost of an additional full crate.
Please make sure you read and comply with our Conditions of Delivery. Failure to comply with these may invalidate any claim.
All deliveries are subject to availability.
Delivery times and/or dates may change due to circumstances beyond our control. This could include extreme weather conditions, traffic or any other unforeseen delays. Our Customer Services Team will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We are not responsible for consequential loss because of delay in delivery of Products.
The delivery driver cannot take responsibility for any damages at the delivery site during the delivery process so please ensure that the site of delivery is clear to receive the goods.
For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions page.
If you have any queries, questions or concerns about our deliveries, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team who will be more than happy to help.